Cycle trip 110km – along the Telemark Canal
This is the cycle trip along the Telemark Canal! Experience beautiful canal scenery, lovely accommodations, and an amazing boat trip on the Telemark Canal as the “grand prize” on the last day.
The route runs along roads without much traffic and with a varied terrain. Some inclines are steep, and the route is relatively long. Therefore, you should have some cycle experience before embarking on this route.
Lunde Hostel has 23 rooms, all with individual bathrooms, Wi-Fi and TV. In addition, they have a nice living room and terrace.
Straand Hotel in Vrådal is one of Telemarks best service hotels. Straand is a part of “The Historic Hotels & Dining Places” and is known for its nice atmosphere and lovely food.
Dalen Hotel, known as the fairytale hotel from 1894, is a hotel in a romantic and historic style. It is decorated with dragon heads, towers and spears, balconies, jumps and cornices. It is one of Norways oldest wooden hotels and a member of “The Historic Hotels & Dining Places”.
- Accommodation at Lunde Hostel.
- Breakfast at Lunde Hostel.
- Cycle trip of the day: Lunde – Vrådal, approximately 55 kilometers.
The roads consist mainly of asphalt, on roads with little traffic. Some parts of the trip are on gravel.
Varied terrain with some steep inclines.
- Accommodation at Straand Hotel in Vrådal.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Cycle trip of the day: Vrådal – Dalen, approximately 45 kilometers.
The roads consist of both asphalt and gravel, with little traffic. Varied terrain.
- Accommodation at Dalen Hotel.
- 3-course dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Kl. 08:00 departure with Canal boat M/S Victoria from Lastein pier in Dalen (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday).
- Kl. 08:30 departure with Canal boat M/S Henrik Ibsen from Lastein pier in Dalen (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday).
- Kl. 13:10 arrival and disembarking at Lunde lock.
- Optional: Spend a night a Lunde Hostel before you next adventure
19. May – 5. September: Daily (final possible start in Lunde is 2. September.)
9. September – 10. October: start in Lunde Tuesday evening and Thursday evening.
Pakkepris per dobbeltrom (2 personer): fra kr 9 520,-
Due to popular demand, we recommend you book your trip as early as possible. Do not wait until the last minute
For more information regarding addresses and parking by Lunde lock see the menu point stops along the canal.
There is an open café/restaurant on board, servering food and drinks.
Please note that there is no place to buy food, snacks or drink on the trips between Lunde and Vrådal, an.d between Vrådal and Dalen. Be sure to bring enough food and water.
There are grocery stores in Lunde and Vrådal.
At Straand Hotel in Vrådal you can buy and pack a lunch to bring on the trip towards Dalen.
Be aware that there are two tunnels without lighting between Lunde and Vrådal. It is important that you bring lights for the bicycle, or a headlight.
If you want to rent a bicycle, please contact Telemark Kanalcamping, located by Lunde lock.
There you can also purchase maps for the trip along the Telemark Canal.
Rates includes - Accommodation at Lunde Hostel including breakfast - Accommodation at Straand Hotel i Vrådal including dinner and breakfast - Accommodation at Dalen Hotel including dinner and breakfast - Boat trip on the Telemark Canal from Lastein pier in Dalen to Lunde lock, including space for bicycle